18 Feb 2015

LITTLE VENICE







I've heard many times random people commenting about London with a same conclusion:"London's got everything". Oh yeah, they are so right I am admiring without having any second thought.
Today I went to see the beauty of  Thames canal called "Little Venice" in Maida Vale district, north Paddington.
Currently I live in Wembley so I choose no rush and easy long bus ride (bus number 18) from here to Paddington. Faster way is of course tube (metro) but I love London's buses.
The canal area is a home of many pubs and bars on and around the Little Venice. There is puppet theater and Canal Cafe Theater. From here you can take a "boat taxi" to the ZOO or Camden.
Later on, I also found out that the famous Greek (Zakynthian) poet Andreas Kalvos lived here. He was teaching Italian and Greek language here in London back in 1817.









The area I did not like much is the one where is Paddington tube station. Looks too cold with all that new buildings around so I decided to get back to the main "pond" area close to the Puppet theater.


Paddington station area

I was sitting there for a while watching the sun fighting with a clouds. Just after few minutes couple of ducks and two swans came close to me probably hopping I will give them some food. I did not have any but the old couple showed up and started feeding them. They said they are doing this 12 years so far and the old lady made a joke how lucky those birds are having them. I said they (old couple) are lucky to live here. We all laughed :)


The chance for the weather to get better was little as the clouds once again colored the sky gray, my walk ended here.
I left this place with a promise that I will come back for the Canal Festival on 2nd of May. 








following "wedding" sign :)

..finding little Buddha:)




 



 winter flower





No comments:

Post a Comment